Office of Disability Rights

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Veterans Services

US Veterans Documentation Obtaining a DD Form 214

Military personnel records can be used for proving military service, or as a valuable tool in obtaining benefits. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records.

National Archives’ National Personnel Record Center (NPRC)
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138
Phone: (314) 801-0800
Fax: (314) 801-9195
Washington, DC Vet Center
1250 Taylor St, NW
Washington, DC 20011
Phone: (202) 726-5212 
Toll Free: (877) 927-8387
Fax: (202) 726-8968
Washington DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center
50 Irving Street NW
Washington, DC 20422
Phone:  (202) 745-8000
Toll Free: (877) 328-2621
Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
820 Chesapeake Street, SE
Washington, DC 20032
Phone:  (202) 745-8685
Fax:  (202) 562-8789

The clinic provides basic medical care, preventive care and health education for eligible veterans. Services include medical history, physical exams, and immunizations. A physician, registered nurse and administrative officer from the VA Medical Center staff the clinic.